- To call official HPA meetings (1 per term)
- To Chair the HPA committee meetings: setting the agenda and facilitating the discussion with equal time for each member to speak and contribute idea’s regarding the agenda items.
- To liaise with the school on behalf of the HPA where necessary
- To deliver speeches on behalf of HPA, where appropriate and when requested
- To introduce the HPA to new parents and to engage parents with equal attention regardless of house affiliation.
- To support all members of the committee in their role as officer or house rep equally and without favouritism
- To support the Chair of the HPA at meetings, take minutes and distribute to HPA Committee members and allocated member of staff, for review and comment
- To read minutes at each official meeting of the HPA and have the ability to access minutes of past meetings for reference during official meetings of the HPA.
- To communicate relevant information with Committee members and allocated member of staff, as appropriate, thereby facilitating the accuracy of arrived/approved agreements in minuted official meetings of the HPA or other required minuted meetings regarding the HPA.
- To invite members of upcoming meetings with a minimum of 2 weeks’ notice
- To arrange meetings, including venue, time, and proposed meeting agenda
- To liaise with the School Admissions and Marketing department regarding information to be distributed to the Haileybury Parent community including welcome materials for new parent packets each year
- To support all members of the committee in their role as officer or house rep equally and without favouritism in order to facilitate the accuracy of HPA information
- To communicate with the allocated member of staff to establish and maintain the HPA accounts following the acceptable reimbursement/billing practices, established by the Haileybury Bursar
- To liaise with the Chair, the committee and the allocated member of staff on agreed use for funds each term
- To keep a simple spreadsheet detailing the movement of funds
- To provide a treasurers report of the HPA accounts and balances for the Committee at each meeting ( 1 per term)
- To summarize annually (at the AGM) the transactions and balance of the HPA accounts for the year-end review
- To support all members of the committee in their role as officer or house rep equally and without favouritism as it relates to HPA use of funds.