Originally from Almaty, Lidiya studied psychology and trained in the United States, and has recently worked in public health with an international aid agency. In particular, Lidiya is looking forward to the upcoming academic year, working with pupils across the school and creating a safe and happy place at Haileybury Almaty.
As School Counsellor, Lidiya is available to support with:
- Accessing learning and maintaining progress during lessons (low concentration or motivation, memory or attention).
- Difficulties in communication with peers, parents or teachers.
- Challenges pupils may be facing in terms of their sleep or diet.
- Negative emotions (anger, fear, frustration, guilt).
- Group counselling sessions to develop empathy, social skills and healthy relationships.
- Attainment of academic, social, emotional and behavioural goals.
- Individual counselling sessions, meetings and educational workshops for parents.