- About Haileybury
- Welcome from the Headmaster
- Student Support Services
- Teaching Staff
- Haileybury Community
- Our Story
- Results and destinations
- University Counselling and advice service: "World’s TOP universities"
Haileybury Astana was opened by Kazakhstan's first President, Nursultan Nazabayev, in 2011 and is an IB World School preparing young people to become leaders of the future and to achieve their dream of attending a world top university. From an early age, pupils take part in a wide range of activities to challenge and extend their knowledge and skills in an increasingly global world. Above all, however, Haileybury Astana is a school that cares for every one of our pupils as we guide and support them into an exciting future.
- To develop pupils who are resilient, creative, independent, courageous, inquisitive and reflective in all that they do in a safe
and caring environment.
- To provide a technologically rich environment with successful academic outcomes achieved through strong teaching and learning.
- To encourage these Haileybury Habits through a curriculum that covers a broad and balanced range of subjects, co-curricular activities, visits and special events.
- To reflect in ethos and activity the traditions, values, heritage and cultural diversity of the Republic of Kazakhstan and of Haileybury Schools and a commitment to intercultural and international learning.
- To develop pupils who always try to understand the difference between right and wrong; their rights and responsibilities
as global citizens and the need to give back to society, while encouraging both self-awareness and teamwork.
Haileybury Almaty opened in 2008, in association with Haileybury in the United Kingdom. This not-for-profit educational project was inspired by a philanthropic group of Kazakhstani businessmen. Haileybury Almaty offers a broad, holistic liberal education in the best traditions of British independent schooling. Pupils are prepared for Advanced Levels (A levels), which enable them to apply to and enter the best universities both abroad and in Kazakhstan.
The school was established in 1862 and is situated on a beautiful 500 acre campus just 20 miles north of London. Haileybury offers modern boarding and day provision for pupils aged 11-18.