Haileybury Astana was opened by Kazakhstan's first President, Nursultan Nazabayev, in 2011 and is an IB World School preparing young people to become leaders of the future and to achieve their dream of attending a world top university. From an early age, pupils take part in a wide range of activities to challenge and extend their knowledge and skills in an increasingly global world. Above all, however, Haileybury Astana is a school that cares for every one of our pupils as we guide and support them into an exciting future.
To provide our community with an educational experience that enables our students to fulfill their potential academically, physically, culturally, and socially within a global and future context.
- To develop pupils who are resilient, creative, independent, courageous, inquisitive and reflective in all that they do in a safe
and caring environment.
- To provide a technologically rich environment with successful academic outcomes achieved through strong teaching and learning.
- To encourage these Haileybury Habits through a curriculum that covers a broad and balanced range of subjects, co-curricular activities, visits and special events.
- To reflect in ethos and activity the traditions, values, heritage and cultural diversity of the Republic of Kazakhstan and of Haileybury Schools and a commitment to intercultural and international learning.
- To develop pupils who always try to understand the difference between right and wrong; their rights and responsibilities
as global citizens and the need to give back to society, while encouraging both self-awareness and teamwork.