Haileybury Astana is proud of our IB students who have launched the UNESCO Club, which received official status!⠀
On December 21st, Mr Anuar Sharipov, the Russian Language teacher at Haileybury Astana, took part in the meeting hosted by UNESCO, where he had presented the UNESCO Club on behalf of the IB students of Haileybury Astana. The club was officially approved and it was decided that Haileybury Astana will join the ranks of the UNESCO Clubs.⠀
The mission of UNESCO clubs is to promote unity, tolerance, goodness and a sense of responsibility for spreading the ideas of peace.⠀
The UNESCO Club at Haileybury Astana was launched on September 9th, 2021. Since that time, the founders of the club have achieved the following missions:⠀
- Created a UNESCO Club Instagram account.
- Conducted a Literature Competition.
- Hosted an Assembly on the International Day of Peace.
- Organised "Orange the World: End Violence against Women Now!" campaign.
- Participated in HASTMUN 2021 Conference.
- Raised donations for the Pioneer Orphanage in Karaganda.
We would like to express special thanks to the students of the International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Programme - Aigerim, Kamilla, Arina and wish them to continue creating more bright projects within the UNESCO Club.⠀