We would like to invite parents of the Senior School pupils to attend the presentation related to learning outside the classroom. As part of the Parent Partnership Programme, Mr Madden, Head of Art, TOK Coordinator, Mr Bell, English teacher and Ms Fraser, the Head of the Sixth Form will lead the presentation and talk about the IB Core.
The IB Core includes three components:
- An Extended Essay – The EE is a 4000-word essay on a subject of interest to the pupil.
- A course on the theory of knowledge - TOK invites pupils to question the basis and limits of knowledge from their own perspective.
- CAS - Creativity, Activity and Service - Pupils must undertake and reflect on a variety of activities. These may include learning to play an instrument, improving sporting skills or being a reading mentor. The school has an extensive range of service activities in the local community in which pupils are actively encouraged to take part.
Since Haileybury Astana provides significant attention to the theme of learning outside the classroom, we look forward to seeing you at the presentation!
- Date: December 14th.
- Time: 2 pm.
- Location: Mrs Hakobyan's office.
- Russian speaking staff to support with communication.
If you have any questions regarding these sessions, please email the Senior School PA firstname.lastname@example.org.